A conversation with Quants, Thinkers and Innovators all challenged to innovate in turbulent times!
Join QuantUniversity for a complimentary summer speaker series where you will hear from Quants, innovators, startups and Fintech experts on various topics in Quant Investing, Machine Learning, Optimization, Fintech, AI etc.
Frontiers in Alternative Data : Techniques and Use Cases
Lecture 1: Alexander Denev
In this talk, Alexander will introduce Alternative Data and discuss it's uses from his book, The Book of Alternative Data
- What is alternative data?
- Adoption of alternative data
- Information value chain
- Risks associated with alternative data
- Processes required to develop signals
- Valuation of alternative data
Lecture 2: Saeed Amen
In this talk, Saeed will discuss use cases in Alternative Data
-Deciphering Federal Reserve communications
- Using CLS flow data to trade FX
- Geospatial Insight satellite data to estimate retailers' EPS
- Saving "alpha" with transaction cost analysis
- Using Bloomberg News data to trade FX